Hand-held Atomic Fluorescence Spectroscopy Mercury Vapor Analyzer
The Jerome® J505 Mercury Vapor Analyzer is a portable fluorescence spectroscopy analyzer, which allows the detection cell to be simpler, smaller, lighter weight and more durable than competing spectroscopy instruments. The highly efficient optical cell requires less flow to purge the system, allowing the J505 to run at a lower flow rate minimizing sample dilution as found in competing spectroscopy instruments.
Features & Benefits
- Atomic Fluorescence Spectroscopy: The advanced technology of the Jerome J505 eliminates nearly all interferences, ensuring you get accurate and repeatable results in the field or in the lab.
- Portable: The J505 packs the advanced capabilities of a sophisticated benchtop analyzer into a compact, portable and powerful device. The detection cell is also smaller, lighter and more durable than atomic absorption units.
- Lower Flow Rate: The highly efficient optical cell requires less flow to purge the system, allowing the J505 to run at a lower flow rate and minimizing sample dilution as found in other spectroscopy instruments.
- Regulatory Compliance: The J505 can detect mercury at levels as low as 0.05µg/m3, which meets and exceeds EPA and ATSDR standards for industrial and residential remediation actions as well as OSHA, NIOSH, ACGIH and MSHA action levels.
- ZERO Regenerations: Because the J505 uses atomic fluorescence spectroscopy to detect mercury, no regenerations or regeneration-related downtime are needed.
- Search Mode: While in search mode, users are able to continuously draw in samples of air in order to locate the source of mercury vapor contamination, allowing targeted corrective action to be taken quickly.
- Durable: The J505 is housed in a light, ergonomically designed, durable metal casing that sets a new precedent for hand-held, low-level mercury monitors.
- Data Logging: The integrated data logging system of the J505 can store data for up to 10,000 test results – including date, time – and up to 100 test sites.
- Intuitive Interface: The J505 features a color display with an intuitive menu system that makes operation easier than ever before and comes with a USB interface for easy data transfer.
- Detection Range: 0.05 µg/m3 to 500 µg/m3
- Accuracy: ±15% at 0.3 µg/m3
±10% at 1 µg/m3
±10% at 25 µg/m3
±10% at 100 µg/m3
- Response Time: Standard Mode: 28 second
Quick Mode: 16 seconds
Search Mode: 8 seconds, then updates in 1 second intervals
- Resolution: Standard Mode: 0.01 µg/m3 (10 ng/m3)
Quick Mode: 0.1µg/m3 (100 ng/m3)
Search Mode: 0.1µg/m3 (100 ng/m3)
- Flow Rate: 1 liter/minute
- Result Units: ng/m3, µg/m3, and mg/m3
- Autosample Mode: Available in intervals of 1, 2, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 45, 60 or 120 minutes
- Integrated Data Storage: Stores up to 10,000 test results and up to 100 test sites
- Display: 3.5 inch (9 cm) color LCD display
- Battery: Rechargeable NiMH
10+ hour life, charges in 3 hours or less
- Power Requirements: 12 VDC power adapter runs on 100-240 VAC, 0.8 A, 50-60 Hz
- Fuse: Auto-resetting fuse
- Operating Environment: 5°C to 45°C, non-condensing, non-explosive
- Output: USB A
- Dimensions: 12″ L x 6.2″ W x 8.4″ H
(30.5 cm L x 15.7 cm W x 21.3 cm H)
- Weight: 6.5 lbs, (3.0 kg)
- Certifications: UL 61010, CE